Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Caribbean Time/GMT-4.
Find in the RICG database information organized by thematics, countries and type.
The Organization of American States (OAS) as Technical Secretariat of the Inter-American Network on Government Procurement (INGP), together with the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) organized the webinar “Shaping the future through Sustainable Public Procurement – Green Building Considerations.” This webinar is relevant to all of the Caribbean.
This was the third webinar of a small series of webinars on Sustainable Public Procurement in the context of the Caribbean region, as part of the joint OECS Commission/UNEP “Strengthening Sustainable Public Procurement in the OECS” initiative. It provided an overview of green building considerations from the perspective of public procurement – from sustainable construction materials, energy systems, relevant environmental codes and standards, building construction and operations.
The event took place on Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Caribbean Time/GMT-4, and counted with the following participations:
– Rowan Palmer, Programme Officer, Sustainable Infrastructure, UNEP.
– Helena Fonseca, Specialist in Public Management, OAS, and Technical Secretary of the INGP.
– Doug Fraser, Head of Procurement, CDB.
– Prof. Anthony Clayton, Institute for Sustainable Development, University of the West Indies
– Roland R. Clarke, Ph.D. Energy Consultant, Barbados
– Josh Jacobs, Director of Environmental Codes and Standards, UL
– Farid Yaker, Programme Officer, Sustainable Public Procurement, UNEP
To watch the webinar, please follow this link https://youtu.be/5o8BTQ0KMyM
Panama hosted the XVII Annual Conference of the INGP 2022On October 5, 6 and 7, 2022, the XVII Annual Conference of the Inter-American Network on Government Procurement (IN...