The eGP-MM evaluation instrument is made up of 185 indicators of good practices that are grouped into 25 areas of interest, and five dimensions of analysis: (i) technological, (ii) functional, (iii) integration and interoperability, (iv) data and information and (v) IT governance and management. The results include two indices for each of the countries: compliance index; and ii) maturity index. The scores of each index are presented in the range of 0 to 100 and are grouped into five levels.
- Null compliance level: level at which all indicators of good practices in eGP report a score equal to 0 (equivalent to the absence of an eGP platform).
- Incipient level of compliance: level at which the score is higher than 0 and up to 33. This level reflects an incomplete level of compliance in most of the good practices evaluated in eGP-MM.
- Intermediate level of compliance: the score is higher than 33 and up to 66. This level reflects a partial achievement of the platform since most of the indicators of good practices in eGP are shown to be in compliance, but they do not match those of optimal management processes within the platform.
- Advanced level of compliance: the score is higher than 66 and lower than 100. This level represents high levels of compliance, since most indicators of good practices in eGP are optimally managed within the platform.
- Optimal compliance level: the score is 100, which would indicate that all known good practices in eGP are optimally managed on the platform.
- Reactive-null maturity level: all indicators of good practices in eGP show a compliance score of 0 (equivalent to the absence of an eGP platform), therefore, the procurement agency behaves reactively with no support from digital developments.
- Reactive-informative maturity level: a score is higher than 0 and up to 33. This maturity level reflects that the procurement agency behaves reactively and relies on digital developments only for the information on government procurement processes.
- Initial Transactional maturity level: a score is higher than 33 and up to 66. This maturity level reflects that the purchasing agency has begun to show signs of transactionality (although incipient, that is, simple transactions that support real-time communication between contracting entities and their suppliers) through the eGP platform to manage government procurement.
- Developed Transactional maturity level: a score is higher than 66 but lower than 100. This maturity level reflects that the purchasing agency has moved to advanced transactional developments (for example, online awards, electronic signature of the contract or payment management) through the eGP platform to manage government procurement.
- Autonomous Transactional maturity level: a score is 100, which would indicate that all known good practices in eGP are optimally managed within the platform, including horizontal integration of the platform with other electronic systems in the public sector.
- Technological dimension: In this dimension, the current state of the technological solution supported by the e-GP platform is evaluated, such as, for example, the technological architecture and infrastructure.
- Functional Dimension: This dimension reflects the extent to which the eGP platform meets the functional requirements for managing the procurement or contracting process, e.g. supplier registration, contract management and dispute solution.
- Integration and interoperability dimension: This dimension evaluates the degree of integration of the eGP platform with other public management information systems such as financial or tax administration systems.
- Data and information dimension: The results of this dimension reflect the capacity of the eGP platform to manage procurement data and provide timely, good-quality information to all actors in the government procurement system, such as, for example, the use of open data.
- IT governance and management dimension: This dimension considers the institutional capacities of the purchasing agency or body in charge of managing and administering the eGP platform.